Prescribe the right medicine to solve the five major problems of putty scraping
Putty is the same as paint construction, it is easy to cause various surface problems such as cracking, powder falling, air bubbles, etc. due to substandard material quality or improper construction. Everything is forewarned, so let us first understand some common quality problems of putty scraping, and take corresponding measures during construction to prevent these problems from appearing.
1. The putty layer loses powder
Reasons for powder loss:
1. The polishing time of putty powder is not well grasped. After the surface is dry, the powder will fall off after polishing.
2. The product has exceeded the shelf life, and the bonding strength has dropped significantly.
3. The product is not stored properly, and the adhesive force will drop significantly after absorbing moisture.
4. The high water absorption rate of the base layer causes the putty to dry quickly and there is not enough water for curing.
Powder drop solution:
1. When polishing the putty surface of the interior wall, it is necessary to master the appropriate polishing time. The best time for polishing is to polish immediately after the watermark on the putty surface disappears.
2. The product must be used within the shelf life. If it exceeds the shelf life, it must be scratched and passed the inspection. under construction.
3. The product must pay attention to waterproofing, it should be stored in a cool and dry place, and the package must be intact.
4. In summer or high-temperature climate conditions, it is best to wet the wall with clean water before applying the putty. The putty can be applied after there is no clear water on the wall surface.
2. The putty layer turns yellow
Reasons for yellowing:
1. Simultaneous construction with polyester paint (paint) or release agent, resulting in yellowing of the putty film.
2. There is oil or other grease-like dirt on the base layer, which has not been cleaned up, causing the putty film to turn yellow.
3. The putty film is polluted by rust or other dead substances, which may cause the putty film to turn yellow.
The solution to yellowing:
1. Avoid simultaneous construction with polyester paint (paint) or release agents.
2. The base layer needs to be cleaned up to avoid oil stains that have not been cleaned up.
3. After the putty construction is completed, pay attention to the protection of the finished product to avoid pollution.
4. The construction temperature should not be too low, not lower than 5 degrees.
3. Cracking of the putty layer
Reason for cracking:
1. Construction is carried out before the base is completely dry, and the moisture content of the base is >10%
2. When the bottom layer of putty dries out in the future, pass it over the surface. The surface layer is dried first, while the inner layer is still in the process of drying.
3. When treating the base layer, the seam filling and leveling materials will be completely dry in the future, and the interior wall putty with a relatively high degree of lightness will be scraped on it, which will easily cause cracks.
4. If the construction is too thick, the interior will dry slowly and the surface will dry quickly, which will easily cause cracking.
1. The putty that has cracked needs to be eradicated. If the crack is not too large, flexible putty can also be used for the first construction, and then the construction should be carried out according to the standardized construction method.
2. Each layer of construction should not be too thick. The time interval between two layers of construction must be more than 4 hours. Only after the front layer of putty is completely dry can the subsequent layer of putty be scraped.
4. Blistering of the putty layer
Causes of blistering:
1. The base is too rough and the plastering speed is too fast.
2. The putty layer is too thick for one construction, greater than 2.0mm.
3. The moisture content of the grassroots is too high, and the density is too large or too small. Air is enclosed in the void cavity and cannot be easily eliminated.
4. After a period of construction, bursting bubbles appear on the surface, which is mainly caused by uneven stirring. The slurry contains powdery particles that are too late to dissolve. After construction, a large amount of water is absorbed, which makes it easy to form bursts.
1. If there is a large area of bubbling putty surface, wrap it until it directly breaks the small bubble opening, and then use a suitable putty to scrape the bubbling surface layer again.
2. After the putty is generally stirred evenly, it is left to stand for 10 minutes, and then it is stirred again with a mixer before being put on the wall.
3. If foaming occurs in the second or last surface layer of the construction, use a scraper to break out the bubbles before removing the watermark to ensure that no foaming occurs on the putty surface.
4. In an environment where the wall is too dry or the wind is strong and the light is strong, first moisten the wall with clean water as much as possible, and then scrape the wall after there is no clear water on the wall.
5. Putty layer delamination
Reasons for delamination:
1. The base layer contains a large amount of release agent (such as waste engine oil, wax emulsion)
2. The base layer is severely pulverized, and the water absorption is too large.
3. The putty at the bottom layer is severely pulverized, and if the putty at the bottom layer is too hard, it will also dry out too quickly and cause it to fall off.
4. The construction interval between two layers of putty is too long, generally more than 15 days and the finish layer may sometimes cause delamination.
1. Remove the exfoliated layer and re-select the special putty for plastering.
2. It is best to seal the seriously pulverized construction surface. After drying, carry out the corresponding putty layer construction.
3. Pay attention to the protection during the construction process. During the putty construction process or within 8 hours after construction, it is best not to infiltrate the putty with water.
The putty makes the base layer of the wall surface smooth and flat and plays a protective role on the wall surface. The first step after scraping the putty is to apply latex paint. Only when the construction of each type of work is guaranteed, the wall surface is truly smooth, with both internal and external quality. To avoid the wall putty layer falling off, foaming, cracking, and other phenomena in the later stage.
Putty is the same as paint construction, it is easy to cause various surface problems such as cracking, powder falling, air bubbles, etc. due to substandard material quality or improper construction. Everything is forewarned, so let us first understand some common quality problems of putty scraping, and take corresponding measures during construction to prevent these problems from appearing.View Details